 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 433
Re: Track Designer layout available to DL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 18:55:17 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

It was actually the 002 file that I forgot to increment. I'll call the
next file 005 and there'll be a gap in the numbers. I suspect this was a
little too complicated for our tiny brains, Robin :-)

;-)   I just know how crazy collaborative work can get ...

Gaps are fine.  The key is to be able to look at the highest number
for the latest revision.  The initials are just anecdotal, to perhaps
ask a question of the person that last edited the layout, etc.

I used to manage three people on Database Design. And YES, it can get VERY
nasty when someone forgets to change the numbers and a days work gets erased.
BAH!

So I know how important it is... That way you can go back to a backup if
someone F ups the works. heh heh.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html