 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 382
Re: I'm back too ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 05:04:51 GMT

Dean Husby wrote:
Everyone. We need firm commitments on who can attend to help with
setup/teardown and building.

I will transport stuff on Sat, set up on Sat and Sun am, attend all day
Sun, and teardown on Sun.

I'd like to rough out the track layout so that we can set aside the areas
for the different displays.

I just DL'ed Track Designer (get it here:
http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/tddl20.htm) and I'm going to rough out
an initial design. If we all have the program we can toss ideas back and
forth and look at the possibilities. I really can't meet this week until
Thurs at the earliest, I have my Mum here from the UK and she leaves
Thurs eve.

IF we don't have most of this stuff done we are going to look bad.

Calm down guys! We do have a month and between us we do already have a
fair amount of stuff.

Are we going to have a bridge or
extremely high buildings?

I suggest that we just have the eleveated track along the cliff that we
discussed at the last meeting, which will include a small bridge
(trestle-ish), on the folding table that I bring. I can do that and
bring it all ready set up. Dock at one end, castle or beach (or even
both) at the other. Very high buildings are probably not necessary, 5 or
6 storeys are about as high as we need.

Bear in mind we don't need to be as good as the clubs who have been
doing this for 10 years!

I have a load of vehicles already made to bring (the ones I brought to
the town meet) plus ready made street lamps and traffic lights.

No-one responded to my suggestion of a dry run the Friday before the
show (10th Nov) as the November club meeting. We could just load all the
tables and track straight into my van afterwards.

Kevin

Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-park.htm