 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 386
385  |  387
Subject:
Track Designer layout available to DL
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 15:48:12 GMT

Kevin Wilson wrote:
I just DL'ed Track Designer (get it here:
http://www.ngltc.org/train_depot/tddl20.htm) and I'm going to rough out
an initial design. If we all have the program we can toss ideas back and
forth and look at the possibilities. I really can't meet this week until

Well, I have done my best but we are very limited by the size of the
table "blob" at each end of our 16'. Only just room to turn around in. I
have uploaded the .tdl file to here:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/kwilson_tccs/vlc-trains2000.tdl
so you can look at it. There's one place where the track will need
wiggling to make it meet. The "gauntlet" track section is there as is a
small yard at the dock and a siding at the passenger station location.
We'll need your controls, Dean, to deal with the "short circuit" loops
at either end. The tables are arranged like this from left to right:

60"x30" (long axis N-S), 18"x30" (ditto), K folding table (long axis
E-W, size 48"x30", height 29"), 30"x30", 18"x60" (long axis E-W),
18"x30" south of it (ditto), 30"x30" south of that.

We may need more tables. One or two 72"x30" folding tables at one end
for one "blob" would let us use our tables at the other end as the other
"blob". We could also have a bridge section in the middle over a low
table (coffee table, anyone?) which woud free up a high table for use at
an end. Dean, maybe you shouldn't work too hard on teh gauntlet control
until we have the layout pinned down and we know we're going to use it.
It's a nice feature but we shouldn't be wedded to it yet.

Kevin
Personal Lego Web page:
City Park: Limited edition kit
http://www.lionsgatemodels.com/cat-park.htm