 Organizations / Canada / VLC / 392
Re: I'm back too ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.vlc
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 17:32:53 GMT

Robin Sather wrote:

Unfortunately I'm pretty hand dependent. So I'm iffy on help I can provide.
Sigh. However, I can be at the show both Saterday and Sunday. I'll bring my Ice
packs.

Dean, you're doing a tremendous amount right now to get this thing
ready.  Hopefully, on the show weekend, you can just sit back, rest
your hands, answer questions, and shoot the breeze with attendees as
the rest of us actually get our hands busy assembling, etc.

Thanks for the support.

I suggest that we just have the eleveated track along the cliff that we
discussed at the last meeting, which will include a small bridge
(trestle-ish), on the folding table that I bring. I can do that and
bring it all ready set up. Dock at one end, castle or beach (or even
both) at the other. Very high buildings are probably not necessary, 5 or
6 storeys are about as high as we need.

I liked that original idea as well, but perhaps we could add a larger
technic (or Znap) bridge somewhere.  It could be static to cut down on
fabrication time, but they are always a crowd pleaser.

First we need to get the general layout set out. So we know what we have to work
with.
I'd suggest someone work out with static plates in Track Designer our layout. Then
we can fit in our items. Then we can know what's avail, like a bridge?

Bear in mind we don't need to be as good as the clubs who have been
doing this for 10 years!

The attendees will not know that we HAVEN'T been doing this for 10
years!  They will be expecting the same level of perfection and detail
as they see in the other displays.  We should endeavour to do our very
best.

Agreed

I picked up the needed Sensor today so I can get on the two tracks to one
bridge stuff.

I saw all that stuff on lugnet (mpegs even!!) of that "Gauntlet" track
project that the Bogers were doing.  Very cool!  Did you get some help
from their work?

No, I looked at someone's layout a while ago but it wasn't what I wanted. I believe
their trains went in opposite directions and they only  needed two sensors or
something.

Mine the trains run in the same direction, requires switching switch track and three
sensors.
It can also be programmed for opposite directions if we want. When it's done I'll
snap mpegs etc. of it and it can be a VLC masterpiece! heh heh

--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html