 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9615
Re: final rules.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:46:27 GMT

It's tricky we need to play with it.  I'm hoping to get 2 rcxs and a
control lab hooked up passing turn this weekend.

Do the control labs have 2 inputs and 2 outputs?

Can you just hook one in & out together, and say that is the signal line for one
robot?  (then do the same for the other?)

Then, when one signal is received, the control lab sends out a signal on the
other side.

The control lab would easily be able to keep track of who's turn it is, and keep
the "wrong" robot from sending signals.

Personally, I don't have a problem saying if someone's touch sensor bounces,
they will get DQ'd, but then I'm not planning on using a touch sensor to signal
End Of Turn.

How are you planing to do it.  We need to ensure that all methods of
passing turn will be compatible.

Just like above, I plan to connect a sensor port to a motor port, and
float/brake the motor to signal EoT.

I WAS going to try and use one RCX for the whole thing, but my new plan is to
try and use all five of my RCXs, and maybe even a Spybot, or two.

Steve

Ok, forget the Spybots...