 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9550
9549  |  9551
Subject:
final rules.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:48:07 GMT

the dinner was a HUGE success.

BRUCE was a MEAN s.o.b. and convinced waynes very shy daughter (about 5
yrs old) to walk up to me, and say "hey misters......"

well, she did, and the poor girl burst into tears.

I guess she is not used to lieing.

Bruce, bruce, bruce.  FOR SHAME!!!!

other than that the rules were hammered out.

we have a few goals.

1.  Rob. S is not allowed to win
2. Steve H is not allowed to win.

3.  the rest will be posted by calum shortly.

he even has nice diagrams.

basically its down tot this:

1.  your space is defined as an L shape.
2. it will be a timed event, chess clock styles.
3. drop a piece and you forfeit. (unless your robot is smart enough to
know this, and can fix it) (your dropped piece can not interfere with
the opponent)
4. 20 min a player game time with a "spirit of the game" rule of about 3
min per move.  (this was decided to prevent 20 min of us watching a rcx
that MIGHT have crashed.
5. The robot playing the Red chips will always make the first move.
Competitors
will use their own chips (so be sure to bring both black and red
pieces). It
does not matter if your chips are the interlocking type or not.
it is up to your robot to be smart enough to know if it is to go first
or second.
6. like all games you get a "do over"  BUT only within the first move.
Interference
7. Your robot  may not intentionally interfere with the other robot
(shining
lights, making unnecessary movement, etc.) during your opponents turn.
8. scoring 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss.
Highest
accumulated points at the end of the day wins.

we are fully aware that this might mean a BUNCH of ties for first and
second..... so be it.

we reserve the right to modify times once more people actually BUILD a
bot.

I think this covers it.

I don't recall, but I think we also decided that only ONE game per
match.?????  please correct me. I was going through Swiss Chalet
intoxication.

Chris