 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9607
Re: final rules.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:00:51 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

The first robot should not make it's first move, until it receives a signal from
the arbitrator.  That way, the arbitrator can start the internal timers and all
that stuff.

This is problematic.  It forces the arbitrator to have to signal as well
as listen.  I think the arbitor should just start it's clocks when the
first robot signals.

So because red goes first timing will start when the red player signals
it has made it's move.  The clocks will track red and black not the
specific robots.  This way the arbitrator will know to start the black
clock when the first signal is received.  Then it can start the red
clock on the second signal as so on.

Derek