 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 9614
Re: final rules.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 21:22:14 GMT

Steve Hassenplug wrote:

You may be surprised how easily this could happen.  The simple act of pressing
the button, and holding it, could cause more than one "signal" to be sent.  In
mechanical switches, you can get some "bounce" when opening or closing the it.
Like putting a basket ball on the floor.  If you push it hard enough, it won't
bounce much, but if it comes off the floor at all, that's just like opening the
switch, and closing it again.

Your point here is valid.  We do need to experiment with the signaling
wiring and procedure.  Potentially we could say any press and releases
in a 2 second period count as one.  Your turn is automatically 2 seconds
long.

It's tricky we need to play with it.  I'm hoping to get 2 rcxs and a
control lab hooked up passing turn this weekend.

Personally, I don't have a problem saying if someone's touch sensor bounces,
they will get DQ'd, but then I'm not planning on using a touch sensor to signal
End Of Turn.

How are you planing to do it.  We need to ensure that all methods of
passing turn will be compatible.

Derek