 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8521
8520  |  8522
Subject:
Walker Sumo Revisited.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 2003 14:17:31 GMT

Since for some odd reason I posted this to the ontario group, I'll
repost it here so someone other then Calum and Dave might see it.

Ok, so for the last while people have been bugging us about not doing
Sumo events.  And we always say they've been done to death and they are
to simple.

What if we did Walker Sumo?  No wheels allowed.  Must be autonomous.
Must be maneuverable.  We could use the same starting rules as were used
at brickfest, and if possible come up with a beacon system as well.

I've never actually done a Sumo event, but there seems to be a rather
simple formula for success.  This would open up all sorts of new design
possibilities.

Derek

-Calum because he's the curator for loc.ca... and Dave because he reads
everything ever posted.