 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8538
Re: Walker Sumo Revisited.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:39:04 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

What if we did Walker Sumo?  No wheels allowed.  Must be autonomous.
Must be maneuverable.  We could use the same starting rules as were used
at brickfest, and if possible come up with a beacon system as well.

I'd love to compete in this competition.  I have task relevant knowlegde with
respect to bipeds.  I cannot travel to the *next* North American quadrantLEGO
get together, nor the ability to travel to Toronto for the next competion. Doug
Carlson and I talked about pneumatic bipedal Sumo wrestlers (as well as other
techniques to *try* to beat Steve H. :^) on our trip back to Minnesota.  Bipedal
maze traversal also came up.

There's a guy in Seattle that runs the "Workshop 3D" challenges a couple times a
year.  They added a walking sumo earlier this year.

http://www.workshop3d.com/rcx/challenge6.htm

I'm sure David Schilling could tell you more about it.

They should have another one around November.

Steve

ps I've entered the last four events, but I have yet to visit Seattle...