 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8693
Re: Walker Sumo Revisited.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:42:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

What if we did Walker Sumo?  No wheels allowed.  Must be autonomous.
Must be maneuverable.  We could use the same starting rules as were used
at brickfest, and if possible come up with a beacon system as well.

What about two wheeled Sumos?  That would be interesting.

I think I could do that.  Can we use custom sensors! :)

It's Legway, the sumo...

How about a contest where you have to balance.  They bump into each other (like
real sumo guys) and the match is over when one robot falls over.

The robot must be taller than it is wide.  Ok, I'm not really sure how to make
the rules vague, yet restrictive, but the idea is to allow walking or balancing
robots.  A 4 legged walker could be allowed.  Maybe.

That may be a way to turn sumo into an rtl event...