 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8537
Re: Walker Sumo Revisited.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 01:07:51 GMT

Since for some odd reason I posted this to the ontario group, I'll
repost it here so someone other then Calum and Dave might see it.

Ok, so for the last while people have been bugging us about not doing
Sumo events.  And we always say they've been done to death and they are
to simple.

What if we did Walker Sumo?  No wheels allowed.  Must be autonomous.
Must be maneuverable.  We could use the same starting rules as were used
at brickfest, and if possible come up with a beacon system as well.

I've never actually done a Sumo event, but there seems to be a rather
simple formula for success.  This would open up all sorts of new design
possibilities.

Derek

Hi Derek,

I'd love to compete in this competition.  I have task relevant knowlegde with
respect to bipeds.  I cannot travel to the *next* North American quadrantLEGO
get together, nor the ability to travel to Toronto for the next competion. Doug
Carlson and I talked about pneumatic bipedal Sumo wrestlers (as well as other
techniques to *try* to beat Steve H. :^) on our trip back to Minnesota.  Bipedal
maze traversal also came up.

I must say I was at first intimadate by you and Jeff watching us *all* unpack in
the large conference room at BrickFest, It didn't take long before you and
Jeff's positive feedback helped me feel much more comfortable.  You and he are
so drhy that it just took me a while to get my bearings.  I can tell that an RTL
as well as Irvine visit (that is saying a *lot*) are something I look forward
to.

Kevin (it was a pleasure to meet all you Canadian's) Clague