 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8691
Re: Walker Sumo Revisited.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:33:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

What if we did Walker Sumo?  No wheels allowed.  Must be autonomous.
Must be maneuverable.  We could use the same starting rules as were used
at brickfest, and if possible come up with a beacon system as well.

What about two wheeled Sumos?  That would be interesting.

In a watching drunken fratboys puking on the dorm room floor kind of way.

There's a hole in that one in that I can build a robot with one motor and two
power puller or 8466 wheels and call that my sumo robot.  That gets boring.

Sumo is a boring event no matter how you cut it.  I think we came to this
conclusion around 1999-2000.

Calum