 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7875
  DCC party?

Are we going DCC for NMRA? I'm willing to convert two of my train motors to DCC if we are going to do DCC for NMRA. I will however need help making the conversion. I've done a little soldering but I'm not super comfortable with electronics. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Mmmmm.... I could look into fitting it into the light house.... Although I think it is too small. There is also the three cubby holes in the back of the dam that are fairly open.... Jeff VW (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Is anyone willing to sell/lend me a DCC capable train chassis and a small track circle? Mark emailed me the driver for the DCC and I'll be wedging it into pbForth along with the servo driver. I'm also planning to start limited production on an (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Track circle is not a problem. I have one decoder, but post NMRA you can borrow it. How long do you need it (...) So basically you`re building a DCC booster. Cool! We could really use one for NMRA with all the track, distance and engines we`re (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) I'm all set for DCC I've downloaded the boosters and such from Mark's page and have tested 'em, but I only have 1 AC capable RCX. I think we'll need at least 3 for the layout--1 for each loop. We'll also need the 5 cm gap pieces to separate (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

Hey Ralph, you're in luck (I think)--I'll be in Owen Sound tomorrow for business. If you have an RCX (really? You do?) I'll bring up 16 curve pieces plus motor. I'll need the motor back for July 18th for the train show, though. Do you have the track (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(URL) do the RCX + booster RCX's, we need one RCX with the IR port exposed to a wide an angle as possible to pick up the IR remote signals. THe other RCX's can be completely embedded into the layout--they need a track wire coming from the primary (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Hey, stop on by and we can go out to lunch. I'm at 313 2nd Avenue East. That's towards Harrison park on the main street, and it's on your left as you go south. Give me a call (519) 376-6885 and we can arrange things. I can probably buy a DCC (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

I'll be at the Laidlaw branch at the outskirts of town. It may be a big upgrade so I might be there all day and have no time for lunch (that's how it usually works, anyway) but after I'm done, I'll be either driving to Port Elgin or crashing in a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: DCC party?

Give me a call later in the day then. We have some company on Wednesday night, but we can probably squeeze another person in. I don't have time right now to do the DCC thing, so if you can lend me one after the show, that's fine. On the other hand, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party? Was DCC and Boosting...

(...) K, tested the new firmware of Marks in 2 RCX's--one 'master', one 'slave'. Used the lamp bricks as the resistor as well. Works mighty impressive. My problem is I only have 1 AC RCX right now so the slave was running off of batteries. I can see (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) It's very nice. John gave me a ride to the dealership tonight and I took delivery of a brand new 2003 Accord LX-G. So far it's easy to drive, has all the power I'd want out of it, and is nicely built. Major highlights were: Honda's quality (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) I thought the new Toyota line up was anything *but* boring. It's certainly reflected in the atmosphere in the commercials, dealerships, and when you sit in the vehicle. The new Corolla/Camry are aimed at a younger crowd. I think you should (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) The new Corolla I like the shape of. Agreed, very youthful. But it's too small. The Camry on the other hand, ugh. It looks like a Buick. I sat in one and i found it to be rather bland. It won the "2002 Women's Automotive Good House Keeping (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party?

(...) Chris, you have far too much time on your hands. Go sell some fireworks or something. As for Hondas-- My first car was the classic '79 Honda Civic hatchback. Cost me 1 dollar to make it all 'official' like. Was in the family for 3 years but I (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DCC party? Was DCC and Boosting...

I have 2 AC RCXen. Jeff E (...) (21 years ago, 8-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)