 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7706
Re: 7471 Mars Rover done...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:14:03 GMT

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message

dave, I have not studied this set in detail.

did you say it comes with 3 solar cells?

why?  other than cosmetic, what are they used for on the model?

Chris

I ordered the solar cells separately.

Was going to try something, like power the RCX with 'em, but alas, I'll • need the
size of a diningroom table(1) full of cells to generate enuf power for the
little RCX.

Dave K
1- maybe not, but I'll need more than 3...

Might as well spend a little more and buy the Lego capacitors. You will the
find the regulated 2.5 volts quite useful. The RCX  will run with 7.5 volts.
You will have to be content with one motor. Don't make it work too hard or
you will lose the program. This is easiest to implement with the 1.0
external power plug.

--
Bob Fay

http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay/