 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7701
Re: 7471 Mars Rover done...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 19:07:13 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Moldovanu wrote:
It's pretty good.  I'l post pics.  Built it faster than the backhoe.

Still no studded beams (for Steve, just letting ya know)

But pretty intricate--4 wheel steering and such.  Few little gizmos to add to
the overall 'cute factor'.

Now I'm going to see about RCX'ing it--may prove difficult--not much room and
the wheel mounts are looking like they can't convert to motorized easily.

Anyway, keep ya posted.

Dave K
-who is now going to put his credit card away for a while--one big purchase in
the near future and I'll be broke for a very long time...

HUH? I see like 2 studded beams but that is about all. The model looks cool, but
in the Discovery series, I would prefer the Discovery Space Shuttle with the
Hubble Telescope over this. What are those panels made up of, cardboard?

Steve M.

There are 4 studded beams, as the root frame, but the rest, all studless.

Beyond that, it was a very fun set--sat down with it again this morning before I
came to work and still admired the 'business' of it.

The solar panels are bendable plastic, translucent, and blue.  Probably couldnt'
be used for much else, but knowing the LEGO community, someone will find
something terribly 'wow!' to surprise us with.

Other than that, cleaning the apt. this weekend and, if I have time, may see
about RCX'ing it, though that probably won't happen.