 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7685
Re: 7471 Mars Rover done...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:18:55 GMT

<snip>

Pics are up for those interested...

http://sparky,i989.net/legop6.htm

What is more interesting is the 3 solar cells...

http://sparky.i989.net/mmisc2.htm

Scroll down to the bottom...

I connected the 3 solar cells in series by using that old trick with the
'convert 2 battery boxes to 18 volts...' thing, and got approx 9 volts coming
out of the end wire.

the issue is that there was only 2 and a half mA (if I used the meter properly),
which isn't nearly enuf to power the RCX.

The batteries are supplying around 30 mA to the RCX, so that means I would need
around 10 sets of these things just to come close--that's 30 solar cells!

Not likely.

So there goes that idea.

Was fun playing with the solar cells though.

Dave K