 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7106
Re: What are people doing for train5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:37:44 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Jeff Van Winden wrote:
Hey Guys, and Chris :) *

Dave Has sent me his tentitive layout for 4.5, I-ve update the layout to
reflect this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/train4-5/altenburg4_5_v3.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/train4-5/altenburg4_5_v3.tdl

I am starting to have some concerns about the placement of the Dam... Where
is all of the water comming from?

Not just that, what little space we had to stand in the middle has
gotten smaller.  I would really prefer not to have that extra module in
the middle.

It also breaks the rule of nothing being more then a modules reach away.

I like the train yard, it looks cool, but I'd rather it be made smaller
to accomidate that module in the middle rather then have that module there.

We also need to figure out how we are going to arrange the tables under
David's modules.  The way we were planning to support Calum's train
station counted on David laying out his tables a certain way.  We'll
have to double check that all the modules are properly supported.

I'll bring lots of printouts to dinner so we can scribble all over them. :-)

Derek

The only reason for the add'l module in the middle is to accomodate the fire
station.  I can't think of where else to put it.  It's 2 road plates deep.

But if we nix the firestation, that won't be too big a problem either.

Dave K