 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7107
Re: Who needs fingers when you have legs, was Re: All fingers still attached!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
So after finding out that when they say 1x2, they really mean 1/8 to 1/4
bigger than 3/4ths of an inch...

Thank goodness there are table saws that can hone the 1x2's down to true .75
of an inch

Ack!  All of mine are done with 1x2" as they are, similar to JeffE's, while
I think Derek's are done like that.

After all this sawdust generating, i hnow have 6 done modules, and 6 more
with (most of) the wood cut, ready to be assembled.

So yes friends, that'll be 12 modules all together--I remembered that some
folks wanted 1 or 2 for themselves--gimme an e-mail and we'll talk.

I haven't started on the legs yet--maybe next weekend :)

We just finished literally minutes ago a similar exercise-we built four sets
of double module legs using Derek Raycraft-Derek, JeffE and JeffVW were over
making legs.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/moduletablelegs.gif

However, the skirt below we lowered to 2 3/4", and drilled in a number of
holes to allow for screws to adjust the module heights between the legs and
the modules, as well as the legs and the floor.

BTW, we made the assumption you would take CornerSW, Ramp1, EmptyS and
CornerSE and have legs for them.  Basically, we figured you'd exten CornerSW
out half a module, making the bottom 3.5 modules into 4 modules, using two
sets of legs.

Calum

I just noticed--

how do those legs collapse?  or are the 'Raycraft Spec (tm) two module legs
support stand' not collapsible?

Just wondering....

Dave K
-who may or may not have time this particular weekend to get into a
woodshop, but really wants to.