 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7104
Re: What are people doing for train5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 18:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
I tried a couple of scales, but I since the clearance over the track is
so high, I went for this one, since it doesn't look too out-of-sorts.

That's actually been a real PITA for me-the EluraCar spec.  Everything looks
too tall because of it.  Because this is a siding, I'm not going much beyond
10-12 bricks tall to maintain the proper aspect ratio.  I'm also going to
borrow a Sony DCR-PC9 from a coworker, which is a lot shorter than the
Elura2 and Elura40MC that Iain and I have.

Needless to say, You Can't Get All Those Pieces In Liver.

No, I'm using yellow for the walls, dgrey for the foundation, and lgray for
the roof.  I'm also going to construct the arches using inverted slopes.

I thought the 1/2 stud recessing of all the walls was cute.  I'd point
out that I really did incorporate 1x2 plates with 1 stud to support the
offset.  And there is a ridgepole in there to support the roof.

I noticed that this morning!  I probably won't do that because I don't have
enough 1x2 convertors or whatever they call those pieces.

Calum