 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7046
  What are people doing for train5?

Hey folks, Now that rtlToronto13 is past, and rtlToronto14: You're the Next Contestant On...The Rice is Right!* is on track for June, and BrickFest 2003/rtlToronto15: PipeRacers going forward... So, what are folks working on for train5/NMRA? I'm (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) I'm busy making the actual modules/legs at this moment... Though the other night I build a railway station (tiny compared to Calum's) for the trainyard... Planning on revamping the engine repair building as well Dave K (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Rebuilt the dam :) (...) You had asked be about running another line off of the main lines... I have no problem doing this, but i only have 2 switches of each type, I'm already short one... can someone lend me two switches that have the spur (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

Well after careful examination of my Lego i have come to the following conclusions: 1) I have no track 2) I have no train wheels 3) I have magnets... 4) But those are from M-tron sets.... Based on those 4 I have realized I have no trainsets... (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) I can lend you the requisite switches. I think I have three pairs. Do note, you have to push that switch north one straight track. Here's what I'm planning to do: (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) as nice as your pencil sketches are, I think the community as a whole would be better served if you spent Ma Bell company time updating the photos page for r13 rather than droning on and on about your barbie train station. chris (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

I'm sorry, Calum, I was a little unclear from your sketch... did you mean (URL) E (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Most frightening of all (other than the fact you built and rendered that in less than a day) is that that's pretty close to what I had pictured, other than colour choices. Great, now I don't even have the build the thing. :) Calum (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

:) WOW, we now have a new runner up in the "too much time on his hands" contest. good job jeff. :) rendering someone else's sketch work in povray is almost as creepy as finding out someone did a lego mosaic of you without your prior knowledge. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Now you've done it! As soon as Iain reads this, we're all going to get a lecture about how a person can spend his/her free time! (Somebody, did say we could start picking on Iain now, didn't they??? (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) smaller (33% smaller) than this rendering, primarily because I don't want it overshadowing the train station right next door and I don't have the width to the road to handle anything larger. I have two questions, primarily directed at JeffVW: (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Newer Grey, with 7 studs and the bike path.... (...) How about this.... (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) I tried a couple of scales, but I since the clearance over the track is so high, I went for this one, since it doesn't look too out-of-sorts. I was aiming for a liver-and-tan colour scheme, which works fine in Real Life, but rendered a little (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

Hey Guys, and Chris :) * Dave Has sent me his tentitive layout for 4.5, I-ve update the layout to reflect this: (URL) am starting to have some concerns about the placement of the Dam... Where is all of the water comming from? Jeff VW * I have not (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Not just that, what little space we had to stand in the middle has gotten smaller. I would really prefer not to have that extra module in the middle. It also breaks the rule of nothing being more then a modules reach away. I like the train (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) That's actually been a real PITA for me-the EluraCar spec. Everything looks too tall because of it. Because this is a siding, I'm not going much beyond 10-12 bricks tall to maintain the proper aspect ratio. I'm also going to borrow a Sony (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) The only reason for the add'l module in the middle is to accomodate the fire station. I can't think of where else to put it. It's 2 road plates deep. But if we nix the firestation, that won't be too big a problem either. Dave K (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) While I agree in principle, I'd point out that, because of the way we did the tables last time, there *was* a table in that space, where the added module just showed up. Jeff E (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

Hey guys, Here's a shot of the end of the cargo station I'm working on... (URL) need to find two more Slave 1 combo packs...or get two more pairs of those weird grey wings: (URL) been playing with roofs made of wings-I have a bucket of wings that (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HDFCvp.1wnM@lugnet.com... (...) I swear, you are like, the IKEA of LEGO. :) You have this really solid, fun, colourful look to all your buildings. I love it! (...) Maybe in that V-shaped (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) It's just truly a stupid thing to say, and it really, really pisses me off. Espically coming from a group of adults who play with a kids toy, and use terms like "BOGHOP" and raid Zellers for Star Wars sets. I supose it irritates me the most (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

Back on April 9th Bruce said: (...) then almost one month later, and a long dead thread Iain replies.... (...) :) so then i have to pipe up and ask: "where did this come from?" has this been festering for a while? :) Chris Why do solar calculators (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) No, I clicked a link on Calum's loading building page, and it took me to the begining of this thread. I didn't remember seeing much on it so I started reading the responses to Jeff's solid model. Iain (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)