 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12498
Re: No one asked...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 17:06:02 GMT

I really like this idea.  Since the guttter train currently doesn't cross over
any track at this time, but with the new 'Derek Plan' it will, is there enough
clearance between the gutter track and the train track?

Well, the Racers track is eight dots wide...and the train track clearance
between is eight dots.  Which would be fine if the Racers track was on the
ground, but it's at like 8 bricks high or something, which might make it
conflict with actual trains.  On the other hand, you could raise it using those
ramp pieces up to the height of your new upper town.  Problem is, it would
obstruct the view of Janey's buildings and it would look ugly.

Calum

If we are using that png.file, (assuming alpha across the top, and lettering down the side) can all the issues not be solved by the rise starting at the bottom of M-11 running up 4 bricks per plate (2 for each house) levelling out at plate G-11 and holding that altitude through plate F-11 and E-11 (which clears both outer tracks and the gutter train.)  At that point, the inner track will enter a tunnel at C-11/D-11.  Where the cliff edge covers a fair part of the "train yard" at top elevation yet is exposed at the bottom elevation with plenty of clearance (keeping in mind this is a cliff which is concave, not a mountain).  It was never my intention to enclosed both the outer and inner loop with the cliff, just a tad bit of the inner.  That leaves a huge top section of the cliff for not only the (whatever name you gave it) separate loop, but also some real-estate for Jeff to add some buildings.   Unless I am failing to see something..... which more then likely I am.....this  more like a 24 brick elevation, Which means, raising the gutter track by one more ramp to clear trains, the gutter train will not block much of the Sanfran run but does leave it totally exposed on the run and at the far end loop.  Yes? Maybe?? No...?

Janey "Was this post even in English? Red Brick"