 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12490
Re: No one asked...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 2004 16:10:51 GMT

David Koudys wrote:
I really like this idea.  Since the guttter train currently doesn't cross over
any track at this time, but with the new 'Derek Plan' it will, is there enough
clearance between the gutter track and the train track?

Just wondering.

No.  There isn't.  I had two thoughts on this point.  If we are running
the large layout we don't use the section of track the gutter train
crosses so it doesn't matter.  Or I could build some sort of lift bridge
for the gutter train.

There is an additional complication.  The geometry of the track might
not allow us to use the angles shown in the diagram.  I think it would
be possible to fudge a connector to correct the off angle though.

As the gutter train runs along that one side it could either raise up so
it can cross train track, or drop down to track level.

Derek