 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12281
Re: rtlToronto18 Draft Ruleset Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 19:14:40 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:
Anyone else want to weigh in on "no tower creation"  Steve is yes, DaveK is yes.
Derek?  Chris?  Rob?  Bruce?

More flip flopping then John Kerry has been accused of on this one.

I thought David said it's a block stacking competition, you should get
points for stacking blocks.

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=12223

On another note, I don't like the negative score idea personally.  I'd
like to see rewards for doing the right things on this one,  nothing if
you do something wrong.

Derek

Well, I could have been adamant, but that would have disenfranchesed the
voters--i mean the other competitors, and also figuring there was those that
can't make a block stacking 'bot but wanted to enter--I was quite adamant that
it was block stacking only, but looking at the scoring, I thought, who cares--a
good block stacker that can consistently stack 7 blocks will beat any 'block
mover'.  And this way, it's one competition.

With the negative scores?  That's just to keep me from building a block stacker
without a sorter--cause if that rule wasn't there, I'd skip the sorting part.

Dave K