 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12265
Re: rtlToronto18 Draft Ruleset Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 04:48:17 GMT

Faster than Chris can say "Seven Layer Burrito" here's the rtlToronto18 Draft
Ruleset for February 2005:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-020005/

I think we're pretty much in as much agreement over the main aspects of the
rules.  However, I need your help to find any potential problems, mistakes, and
questions etc with it.

I was looking at the Drag Racing ruleset, and it features great items like
"Robot must be able to be lowered down rope by remote".  Whoops. :)

You mean like in the last section, entitled "the rules", point 1:

<<Robots must be safe-physical safety is required. A minimum distance will be
required for audience members from the ropes. If your robot breaks apart while
at the top, you are responsible for cleaning it up or whatever comes of it.>>

Whoops again!

I wish I could have made the drag racing event. We're busy over here getting
ready for NWBrickCon this weekend, though, so I didn't have the time. Sounds
like it went real well, but there hasn't been an event summary yet.

Mini Block Stacking sounds fun. I think the current size limit is real tight,
though. A 10"-cube robot would be much more reasonable.

--
  David Schilling