 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12264
Re: rtlToronto18 Draft Ruleset Posted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 04:41:30 GMT

"rtlToronto18 is a robotics design competition run by rtlToronto, a group for
Lego enthusiasts in the Greater Toronto Area. It is the fifteenth such contest
in six years and intends to challenge Lego fans to build complex contraptions
that solve a difficult task. Entrants build robots at home for the contest, and
bring them to the event to compete with robots built by other enthusiasts at
this day long event."

Why is it called "rtlToronto18"? Obviously because one plus eight is nine and
it's the fiftheenth contest in six years (or was that the sixth contest in
fifteen years?) and fifteen minus six is also nine, and if you take those two
nines and add them together, you get eighteen, so therefore it's rtlToronto18.
Well, duh.

Next week I'll explain what "rtl" means.

This has nothing to do with the rules.

-Greg H.
(defending champion)