 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10840
Re: Logic Only - Early results (the polls are still open)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 20:43:22 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
when your software played Kevin's  which code won?

try to be as explicit as you can so that it will look good in my sig file.

To make a short story, long...

I'm willing to bet Kevin's code will win the second game.  That's actually kind
of a risky bet, seeing he DIDN'T win the first game.

Yes, it is a bit risky.  Congratulations on the first win.  My code is not
tested very much, sooooo..... Good luck on the second.

Was it a long game or did I die early?

Would you be willing to share code after this is done, so I can see what you
did?  I've already given you my source.  I'm more intersted in seeing
everybody's solutions than I am winning the game.  You can often learn new
tricks by seeing other people's solution.

Kevin

Turns out, if Chris had been able to build a working robot, he may have tied
with me for first place.

Yes, when my code went first, it won.  As I hoped.  And, I expect when Kevin's
goes first, it will win.

Only time will tell.

The whole thing was worth it to me because I was able to learn about Kekoa's minimal firmware stuff.   Gave me lots of extra room.

I'm pretty sure Chris (if he had a working robot) would count that as a victory.
Too bad he didn't.  :)

Steve

Yup.  Weak link comes to mind.

Kevin