 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10828
Re: Logic Only - Early results (the polls are still open)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 19:11:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Today, I got software from Kevin C.  Talk about a pain.  It may have been easier
to run against Mike's PC based software.  I don't think it's possible to stop
and re-start a game, without re-loading the firmware, which takes every bit of
five minutes.  And, of course, he has different firmware, depending on who goes
first.

Steve the fastest way to get to new game is to lose as quickly as you can in the
current game.

My software's not set-up to do that.  :)

At one point, your software seemed to be taking a long time to move, and it
seemed to stop beeping, after it was out of the opening book, so I couldn't tell
if it was actually making moves (or even if it was thinking)

The book generator figures out the best moves for skill level 10 down through 5
for the first turn.  It then takes the list of best moves from first turn, and
calculates the best responses for skill level 10 down through 5 for the second
turn.....

A given book entry contains board state, possible best moves for that board
state, as well as the skill level that we were playing at the time that the page
of the book was created.  When the RCX finds the matching board state in the
book, one of the entries of the best moves is chosen as a response.  The RCX
also records the skill level of the book page, so it knows the skill level of
the opponent when it goes off book.

The RCX's alpha/beta code has a maximum stack size of 8.  If you went off book
from a page that was computed at skill level 10, then the call to
c4_make_auto_move uses a skill level of 10.

Sorry if this is a problem.  I can create a new book that plays well against
4...... if that is what you are running at.

Kevin

I can add something so that pressing VIEW restarts the game if
you would like.

Maybe you could set it up so that RUN re-starts the game.  (just a thought)

The run button runs the game......

Kevin