 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10826
Re: Logic Only - Early results (the polls are still open)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:55:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Today, I got software from Kevin C.  Talk about a pain.  It may have been easier
to run against Mike's PC based software.  I don't think it's possible to stop
and re-start a game, without re-loading the firmware, which takes every bit of
five minutes.  And, of course, he has different firmware, depending on who goes
first.

Steve the fastest way to get to new game is to lose as quickly as you can in the
current game.

My software's not set-up to do that.  :)

At one point, your software seemed to be taking a long time to move, and it
seemed to stop beeping, after it was out of the opening book, so I couldn't tell
if it was actually making moves (or even if it was thinking)

I can add something so that pressing VIEW restarts the game if
you would like.

Maybe you could set it up so that RUN re-starts the game.  (just a thought)