 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *84 (-20)
  Re: Elm Street article

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:G362HL.44G@lugnet.com... (...) I'm sorry Calum, but I can't take my eyes off the headline: RETRO GLAMOUR Makeup goes back to the '40s Iain (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) See my explanation to Larry :) I love it. (...) I'm not sure yet. It hasn't been published yet, so I'm going to run analog (a httpd log analyzer) on it at work perhaps next week. (...) I'm thinking of adding a "Welcome Letter" for (...) (24 years ago, 30-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) Yeah, I sent them about three or four emails and had about two or three phone conversations about it with them. BTW, I provided them the photo, Chris. (...) That came from them-it was in reference to the Globe article they ran a few weeks ago (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) Nowadays that is negative, or so it seems, with most people's options way underwater. (...) This one puzzles me, what does it mean? I think it's quite thrilling to find something. ++Lar (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elm Street article

(...) WOW, I'll say. they did take some unusual quotes. "a dot-com income" "a stiff ABS addiction" "heartless thrill" of hunting for lego..... HEY!! I've been shopping for lego with you. at no point did you ever not like it. (grin) over all. its not (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Elm Street article

Here's an article from Elm Street magazine, a Canadian publication. (It's sort of like Homemakers but with a little more urbanism in it) (URL) took some unusual quotes but overall it's a nice little article. I even supplied them an amusing photo to (...) (24 years ago, 29-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto) !

  Re: thanks

(...) The joke was more or less because there have only been eight rtlToronto events and no one has actually been to all of....WAIT! I have! I'm the only person who's been to all eight rtlToronto events, including the very first one (with Chris and (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: thanks

(...) nine rtl events? I've been slacking! ) seriously, are we finalized on the second friday of nov. at mels? it was great the last time. i've been intrigued by the space ship talk--i want to know more. stay safe. dave (who understands that there (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: thanks

(...) Oh, you mean on the webpage-I knew you had a webpage for the longest time, and Chris mentioned we should put your photo up. Actually, if more people would let me know: their webpage address send me a photo of themselves I'll put them on. It's (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

(...) We learn how to put things together better. Taking working concepts and integrating them together is a big development task alone. A good example is the day I came by to see your paddle sorter and summarily used it on our robots along with a (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

I'm going to have to agree with Rob on this one. What fun will it be if we all showed up with a stacker based on David's, bot??? what can we learn? I can only say this again, and again, I like the games 'cause I get the chance to learn how other (...) (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: thanks

(...) OK, I'm not in on this??? I don't get it? (confused and prone to wandering) -- Chris Lego Walker now @ www.members.home.net.../index.htm (24 years ago, 25-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

(...) Here's the good bit about LEGO bricks. It's that you take all these great ideas and meld them together into your own creation. For example, there was rampbot at Guelph. And then how many at the next rtlToronto? Yet they were different from the (...) (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  thanks

I'm in on the in! Thanks for posting me on the rtlToronto list!! (and there was much rejoicing...) Union dues? Who takes the money? Questions... Take care. Dave (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

"Rob Stehlik" <robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G2wG12.6IA@lugnet.com... (...) I was just joking. ;) Iain (24 years ago, 24-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

(...) Dave wrote: (...) Yeah, I suppose borrowing/stealing ideas is cool, but creativity/ingenuity will always be much cooler! Rob (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

(...) I am a huge propnent of Calum's idea of 'borrowing other ideas'. When you see my next 'bot, you will see how much I followed this motto. Oh I have plans... muhahahaha! (says Dave whilst rubbing his hands together in a not unlike sinister (...) (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: finally

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@idirect.com> wrote in message news:G2v5rq.437@lugnet.com... (...) Would you be at all unhappy if we all showed up with robots utilizing your lovely lifting mechanism, which you so plesantly provided a 3D rendering of? :) Iain (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  finally

Finally I got my robotics competition up on my website. I apologize for the delay. Have a boo at (URL) care (24 years ago, 23-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  hello everyone

Hello everyone, My name is Eric DeGiuli and I've been a Lugnet (lurker) for over a year now. I live in Niagara Falls, Ontario, so I'm not that far from Toronto. My main LEGO interest is castle, but I also have a lot of classic town and space. I have (...) (24 years ago, 22-Oct-00, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact