 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 82
Re: Elm Street article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:50:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:
WOW, I'll say.  they did take some unusual quotes.

Yeah, I sent them about three or four emails and had about two or three
phone conversations about it with them.  BTW, I provided them the photo, Chris.

"a dot-com income"
Nowadays that is negative, or so it seems, with most people's options way
underwater.

That came from them-it was in reference to the Globe article they ran a few
weeks ago about the dot-com folks looking for Lego.  I did agree it was
getting expensive these days especially with the EBay and collectors out there.

"a stiff ABS addiction"

This one was mind.  But I was joking about it, I don't think it came through
in the article.

"heartless thrill" of hunting for lego.....

This one puzzles me, what does it mean? I think it's quite thrilling to find
something.

I think I was originally trying to explain everyone had differing mindsets
when getting into Lego:  Technic freaks, students, detail modellers
(Pirate/Town), and collectors.  Of the latter, I was trying to get across
that most folks "collecting" were in it for the heartless thrill of
finishing their collection vs buying Lego for the fun and joy of it.

As Chris said, they did take some unusual quotes, but the weirdest thing is
that it's not attributed to ME believing it, only using my words to describe
it.  If you read it (I was reading it at lunch with coworkers) again a few
times, it sort of explains itself.

Calum