 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 89
Re: Elm Street article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:29:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I think I was originally trying to explain everyone had differing mindsets
when getting into Lego:  Technic freaks, students, detail modellers
(Pirate/Town), and collectors.  Of the latter, I was trying to get across
that most folks "collecting" were in it for the heartless thrill of
finishing their collection vs buying Lego for the fun and joy of it.

I guess I'm slow but I still don't get what's "heartless" about it. My heart
soars every time I think that I'm 9V complete or monorail complete...

But is it because you're complete, or because you like all the models? :)

I'm one of those who believe "collecting" isn't as much fun as building or
creating.  As a result, I've found the "collector" mentality often to be
about "Gotta Catch'em All" vs which sets you like.

Anyways, I think the word heartless came out a little randomly.

Calum