 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 72
Re: finally
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:52:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

I was just joking. ;)

   Iain

Here's the good bit about LEGO bricks.
It's that you take all these great ideas and meld them together into your own
creation.  For example, there was rampbot at Guelph.  And then how many at the
next rtlToronto?  Yet they were different from the original.  That's what I
appreciated.
Moreover, improving on existing ideas is such a good thing, and that leads to
new ideas.
So take the grabber mechanism.  I borrowed the original idea from this guy:

http://www.staticip.cx/~benw/lego/

It's the second 'bot down on the left.  He also had plans for how he did it
on-line.
I just took it 1 (or 2) steps further.
He also has a pretty neat pneumatic switch that operates from a micromotor,
but since I have no pneumatics (Chris-hint! how much and when?), I never
bothered with it.
Oh surfing the 'net looking at LEGO pages... what a way to kill an evening.
Take care.
Dave