 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / *139 (-20)
  Re: work schedule for the show

(...) Yup. :) Seein' as I fix them for a living, they occaisionally let me near them. After all, if I have to test the print engine, I might as well get some use out of it at the same time, right? ;) James (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) I think there's at least one of us who has access to a decent color printer, eh? -- John (remove the obvious to reply) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: work schedule for the show

(...) John, Here's one resource you could, use if you don't mind printing up stuff in color -- (URL) here's a thumbnail just to see the layout smaller (don't try to print :-) (URL) We ended up not coming up with a good B&W version after we found out (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Michel Magnan wrote in message ... (...) I'll be there all day Sunday. I have to be at a wedding on Friday and Saturday, so obviously you won't see me around those days. (...) This reminds me: Could anyone create an information sheet about NALUG, (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: work schedule for the show

(...) As I've mentioned before, I'm willing to commit the majority of my weekend - but don't put me down for anything, because my wife might be having a baby - or I may have a newborn to deal with. :) Friday I will almost certainly be there, unless (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  work schedule for the show

Hello everyone, A bit late, but I am now asking everyone who is interested in setting up, monitoring and taking apart the display to offer certain times they can reasonably expect to be there. I'll try to be there most of the time, but would (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

Hello Steve, I hope I answered your question with my email earlier today. You are right it is sometimes confusing to have discussions in two areas. But the PNLTC guys do it, so we should be able to. Probably the best thing is to come prepared for (...) (24 years ago, 15-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

(...) heh... nope. In fact.... depending on how ambitious I get, I might make a bigger station. It really will depend on how energetic I get this weekend. (I've not done anything in the last week or two, because I (re)injured my back helping some (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

(...) Well - It's been a couple days since anyone's posted (or e-mailed) about the show. We've only got about a week left, and I'm still rather vague on things, having not been able to make it to St. Paul. I'm guessing that Michel is too busy to (...) (24 years ago, 14-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

(...) I'm not following you. Other than the grain elevator and the mountain, what's tall enough to pose a major problem? "Going to the left"? Again I don't follow. If the monorail isn't going from the train station around to the wash bay or (...) (24 years ago, 12-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

The blue plate represents the train washing station (4553), not an essential part of the layout, easily eliminated. The problem with bringing the monorail down to the right, is the tall structures in the way. Going to the left, doesn't have a (...) (24 years ago, 11-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Insuring LEGO collections

(...) Nothing I know about, and I walk across Whyte twice a day. (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Train show details

SRC wrote in message ... (...) This sounds reasonable. If you can keep the monorail elevated for all or most of the loop, it should not be too hard to integrate it into the layout. The 30" bridge should also work. I guess simple is good for (...) (24 years ago, 9-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Insuring LEGO collections

In insuring my contents at my new place, I described to the agent how many of the sets/pieces I have can't be replaced just by going to TRU with $5,000. Yes it would get me about the same AMOUNT of LEGO, but to replace the actual sets and pieces (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.general)

  Train show details

(...) Larry? wrote: (...) Steve wrote: (...) About the same time, Michel wrote: (...) Steve wrote: (...) Steve made some tentative changes to the layout on TD and wrote: (...) Michel wrote: (...) In regards to color bands, John wrote: (...) OK - So (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: kids at train show

I will definitely keep this information on hand. At the PNLTC show I went to, this play area was VERY popular. I hope we could incorporate something like this in the future, but it takes up a lot of space. Michel (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Fall 2000 Draft

(...) Well, due to the shipping/handling/exchange making it about normal price, I just pulled one of my 6582s from my collection to give to Kai. However, eToys still has lots of 1/2 price Star Wars sets, and that 7151 Sith is a great parts pack. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Fall 2000 Draft

(...) Are you the only LUGr in Calgary (and area?) You'd think there'd be about as many AFOLs there as here. As for the use of the list instead of the newsgroup, there seems to be two schools of thought. Some here like to keep communication within (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  kids at train show

Some very useful info. for us (for next year maybe) here... (URL) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Fall 2000 Draft

(...) I would be interested in a draft for several 6462's. I just noticed that there are a bunch of good parts there. I not as interested in the 3053, but if there is a large draft for this (6 or more sets), I'll join in. Generally, sets that would (...) (24 years ago, 4-Sep-00, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact