 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 130
Re: Train show details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
The problem with bringing the monorail down to the right, is the
tall structures in the way.  Going to the left, doesn't have a bridge,
but has no tall structures to dodge.
The monorail station could originate from either the left or right
of the train station, whatever fits best for the slopes to clear the
track.  If the monorail station platform is raised onto the grey
platform for the train, you will gain about 3 (or are they 2?) bricks
in height.

I'm not following you.  Other than the grain elevator and the mountain,
what's tall enough to pose a major problem?  "Going to the left"?
Again I don't follow.  If the monorail isn't going from the train
station around to the wash bay or something on the other side, where
is it going?  I figured it would just loop around like the trains do,
stopping at the station on the other side.  I don't see the point to
"docking" on the left where the trains are.  I figured we'd have the
"passengers" board on the upper level on the right side.  That would
put the station in the middle.  The new 4556 station has an upper level
with stairs, but is quite lame compared to the 4554/2150 station.  If
we had the 7822 station, that would work better - I was thinking we
could make a 7822 style addition to 4554.  Slopes? - Nah - Monorails
gotta stay elevated :-)   - that's the whole point.  If it's on the
ground, it's just a regular train or street-car or something, right?

SRC