 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 131
Re: Train show details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 19:59:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Michel Magnan writes:
The problem with bringing the monorail down to the right, is the
tall structures in the way.  Going to the left, doesn't have a bridge,
but has no tall structures to dodge.

I'm not following you.  Other than the grain elevator and the
mountain, what's tall enough to pose a major problem?

Well - It's been a couple days since anyone's posted (or e-mailed) about
the show.  We've only got about a week left, and I'm still rather vague
on things, having not been able to make it to St. Paul.  I'm guessing
that Michel is too busy to respond, and everybody else is basically
leaving it up the two of us?  If the layout is quite crowded with
buildings, container loading cranes, etc. should I just increase the
"altitude" of the monorail?  For example, use three pillars instead of
just one?  I can bring lots of bricks and beams on Friday and improvise
the supports then - you don't mind if there's a monorail pillar sticking
out of the odd building roof, right?   8-)

SRC