 Organizations / Australia / 1442
Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 07:50:30 GMT

Since last weekend at MUGfest, we had a train layout going (pictures to
come), and there was a bit of interest in trains, there may be a chance some
of the MUGs could be interested.

Also I got my second train set today, Yippee!

I could probably supply some track, a couple of engines, and Kmart sale
permitting (3033 tubs at 20% off), maybe some buildings.

I think the idea would be to aim small for the first year, but make it
effective, and then if that goes well, gradually scale it up for other
years.

Martin (S) (also not a member of the International North American Only Lego
Train Club (sort of like their World Series really)).

----- Original Message -----
From: "James Howse" <jehowse@yahoo.com>
To: <lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com>; <lugnet.org.au@lugnet.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2001 4:58 PM
Subject: Trains Trains and Train Shows.

This is a post trying to gauge the interest in exhibiting at the large • train
show that is held on the october long weekend here in Sydney. Are there
people who want to do this? If so in what capacity (providing scenery,
track/rolling stock, help at the show). Is this even a feasable idea this • year?
I'm posting at the top level since the invite is open to Victorians and
Queenslanders (Tasmainians and South and Western Australians too) if they
are able to attend or send models.

James (who isn't a member of the "International" thingy that's Americans
only)