 Organizations / Australia / 1456
Re: Trains Trains and Train Shows.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Santosh Bhat writes:
Steal some rope and poles from the nearest movie theatre? I'm not sure to be
honest what can be done. Being Lego I'm guessing that any kids there are
more likely to want to make it an interactive display than the other model
railways.

I've seen some places go as simple as use chairs with their backs to the
display acting as a barrier, though this could be seen as an invitation to
climb up and reach over the chair.

A strip of perspex/lecxan (sp?) is a fairly standard approach.

I exhibited an N scale layout last year and had success with framing the
viewing side of the layout (25mm angle aluminium across the front, about
400mm above the layout height); it made kids not want to put their hands
"into" the layout. This may not be as practical at Lego scale.

(as a bonus, the frame is a great place to attach signs).

Popular defintiely, and of course there'll be the freak factor appeal to the
model railroad enthusiasts. And lets not mention the purists..

On aus.rail.models, they're called the "Detail Police".

Cheers

Richie Dulin