 Organizations / 102
Re: Newsgroups for LUGs?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:34:55 GMT

Tim Courtney wrote:

Ok, but AFAIK there aren't any lug newsgroups right now.  There should
at least be newsgroups for LUGs and LTCs made under the appropriate
heirarchy.

Agreed... IF the groups want them. PNLTC at one point I think was asked
and declined. A wrinkle, though... There's the current lugnet.trains.org
already in existence. would a putative bayltc (bayltc is just forming,
and may or may not remain affiliated with baylug) newsgroup go under
org.us.bayltc, org.us.baylug.bayltc, trains.org.bayltc, or somewhere
else?

Yes, BayLTC is in discussion regarding the date of its first meeting, so as
not to coincide with a BayLUG meet. This time it seems like it's going to be
okay and relatively hassle-free, as two different folks are taking/took it
upon themselves to schedule two different events at different points around
the SF bay. In the future as long as the clubs contain enough mutual crossover
of members, it doesn't look like it's going to be a problem either, unless
events such as an NMRA show coincides with a visiting Lego Truck. Unlikely!

But, sometimes thinking big at the start has its merits, so I won't blame
anyone for wanting a trains.org.bayltc just to have a separate place to work
out details. A newsletter does exist via email (ATM first volume only) and the
newsletter could be distributed via lugnet.trains.org.bayltc to save time, or
at least a link plugging a news newsletter on a website.

More thoughts could be coming, but I wouldn't know, as sleepiness is
prohibiting any occurence.

-Tom McD.
too tired for spamcake..

[lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf added to thread]