 Off-Topic / Geek / 5183
Re: RACHAL Changeover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 22:12:10 GMT

I strongly suggest getting a decent text editor as there are
plenty of free
ones out there (I recommend <http://www.notetab.com/ntl.php
NoteTab Lite>).

If "decent" means powerful and powerful means a 20Mb+ installation
file and 30
seconds loading time, I say thanks but no thanks to your strong
suggestion.

I've been dealing with this issue my whole Mac using life.  I can
understand your frustration but not your insistence that everyone
comply with your OS.  When I've done that in the past I get laughed
at.  The very existence of the LDraw for Mac Campaign years ago was
because of this issue.  I'm still faced with applications that people
are developing that I would very much like to use but will not run on
my OS.  Ironically, I write applications that will run only on my
OS.  I remember the day when there were many OS'es and when apps were
released they were often released for up to 4 or 5 OS'es.   Now
companies complain that releasing 2 or 3 versions is too much work,
TLC included.  Ok, enough of my rant.

I would suggest you get a different text editor than Note Pad also.
You will find your productivity skyrocket in just about any other app
if you learn the keyboard shortcuts.

James