 Off-Topic / Geek / 5181
Re: RACHAL Changeover
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 1 Apr 2007 20:45:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Timothy Gould wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Tore Eriksson wrote:
   I expected that reply too from you. I once liked LDraw because anyone with almost any computer could use it.

They still can last I noticed. The earlier version of the file will and does work perfectly well in MLCad (I know this because I opened it in MLCad to make sure before submitting it to ldraw.org for the challenge). It would probably work in LEDIT too if it wasn’t an MPD. Furthermore if you opened it MLCad and saved it then it would be editable in Notepad too.

And, of cousre, the long filenames. :) I rushed together a DOS program called linefix.exe that takes care of the linefeeds while you uploaded the new version of the MPD.

I never use MLCad even though it is installed. Browsing parts or models from that visual list is painfully slow, and if I happen to have a Datsville model in the folder I browse, of course MLCad crashes.

/Tore