 Off-Topic / Geek / 4165 (-20)
  Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003

(...) Looks like Xterms on a Unix box to me. :) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003

(...) I was basing this on the color scheme of the two windows open in the middle of the screen. They don't look like my Mac, but the Windows machines in the computer lab across the hall have the same color pattern. Bruce (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: New LEGO photos from Toy Fair 2003

(...) Hmm, I dunno. Could be any modern (or even semi-modern) GUI. Or is there something specifically microsofty that I'm missing? (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) They aren't just ignoring it and making it up! See, between the episode that said one thing, and the episode that said something else, there was a time travel episode. When they went back in time something they did (even if it was something (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) According to the World War I navel model, the belly is the most exploitable weak spot. Maggie C. (BTW Dave! Orange you sorry you couldn't be at work to deal with this yourself?) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.pun)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) Actually Star Wars uses the World War I navel model. Capital ships are the main combat units. Fighters travel roughly the same speed as the capital ships and are used primarily for harrasment. They have very little ability to cause serious (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) to (...) Obviously this disproves the inital assumption made by Starfleet that the Borg Cube would still be functional with 75% damage. It also shows that a concentrated barrage of fire overwhelms the Borg ability to adapt to energy weapons. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) Ya know, I'm not sure I've really seen ANY sci-fi shows that feature "realistic" starship tactical combat. They all tend to rely on surface naval formations at least a hundred years old... The only possible exceptions I can think of are Star (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How would you move a planet?

(...) I thought the story behind that was, that as Locutus, Piccard had insider knowledge of a borg cube's weakspot, hence it's rapid destruction. The Cube being basd on a modular repeating redundant structure means you have to destroy 75% just to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Odd rare video searches...

Hey Y'all: Does anyone know of any legitimate sources (VHS/DVD) for the following: 1. Neo-Tokyo (but in particular the short "The Running Man" by Yoshiaki Kawajiri) 2. The complete "Liquid Television" (but in particular "The Art School Girls of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Ozbricks.net is down AGAIN. Any ideas for web hosting?

(...) More as in "Oh no! Not yet another cheap/lame kitty gag." :) Best DaveG (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Ozbricks.net is down AGAIN. Any ideas for web hosting?

(...) Heh. Oralse kitty. I personally use the .gif someone made of the kitty flying whenever I feel the need to link to a kitten. Or else one of the "No Hands Kitten" parodies. All you have to do now is find a puppy and a Scala bun. Anyways, getting (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Ozbricks.net is down AGAIN. Any ideas for web hosting?

(...) HA! Not much would probably mess with Drew's head though, i've seen him in many different states of mind, and he was always pretty composed :) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Ozbricks.net is down AGAIN. Any ideas for web hosting?

(...) And on that note feel free to put a "We was all FARK-ed on xx/xxx/xx" and a deeplink to this picture (URL) only to mess with Drew's head. :) Best DaveG PS: Large. (URL) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  UserFriendly sunday 2/9/3

Upset there is no cartoon just another Fax-Gag. Well here is a MOC one to tide you over (URL) Klerck'O'Vision. Best DaveG (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  point of view gazing at leo

hi! as off-topic.geek won't allow dat data here i'll point to where i put the data. (URL) dat might be of interest to star gazers, wich i'd presume to find lurking here. thomas (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: A name for the game project...

(...) Compare your spelling to the dictionary's, please. (...) Good luck - sounds confusing to me. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Couldn't resist

Why is it that whenever YOU think, MY head hurts? I really wish this were clear enough to follow, because it sounds semi-interesting, but as it is, I'm just painfully confused. Take care, Soren (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: webpage design questions

(...) Keep in mind that even people who run at high resolutions don't always have their browser window maximized. I prefer a narrower window -- 800 or so pixels wide. This is because text is easier to read if it's not in long long lines (you tend to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  webpage design questions

As I'm building a webpage I wonder this... What is the standard size I should make the page? Seems like people would say 800x600, which I assume is a good size for 15in monitors. But I don't have one, right now I'm on a 17, and that's because the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact