 Off-Topic / Geek / 4162
Re: How would you move a planet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 20:42:36 GMT

In article <HAFBA3.FFp@lugnet.com>, Mike Petrucelli <lordi@erols.com> wrote:
Obviously I still enjoy watching Star Trek (and most sci-fi
shows/movies) but I hate when they ignore established canon and just
make something up.

They aren't just ignoring it and making it up! See, between the
episode that said one thing, and the episode that said something else,
there was a time travel episode. When they went back in time something
they did (even if it was something minor) affected the present/future
and changed all the past events, facts, laws of physics, etc. See? :-)

That's the big thing that sucks about Trek, the writers don't care
about what happened in a previous episode. The only thing consistent
is the names of the characters, the sets, and the guest actors.

Stargate SG1 is really good about continuity, and that's a big reason
why I really like it. They don't have this paranoia that if they base
a new episode on a story from an old one that no-one is going to
understand it. After all, it's only based on it, it's not a
continuation. I've seen lots of them out of order and didn't go
"what's going on?" I really love how they'll expand on a story idea,
even sometimes ones that seemed like there really wasn't anything else
to explore.

--
DON'T PAY MORE FOR WEB HOSTING THAN WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY
At Full System, Inc. you invent the package *and* the price!