 Off-Topic / Geek / 4158
Re: How would you move a planet?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 19:01:12 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mike Petrucelli writes:
Nevermind the fact that the Federation uses the ancient Roman era navel
combat model.

Ya know, I'm not sure I've really seen ANY sci-fi shows that feature
"realistic" starship tactical combat.  They all tend to rely on surface
naval formations at least a hundred years old...  The only possible
exceptions I can think of are Star Wars and Babylon 5 -- both shows used a
carrier group model with fighters for the actual combat.

Has anyone seen starship combat on the screen depicted in a way that might
actually work?

Cheers,
- jsproat