 Off-Topic / Geek / 2328
Re: Relativity Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 18:29:01 GMT

Just looked this up in Britannica Online. (Search for "time dilation").

Acceleration definitely plays into it. *All* clocks in non-accelerating
motion relative to an observer run slow by his/her frame of reference. (Thus
potentially causing arguments about what order things happened in.) But I
still don't get what determines who is the inertial observer and who is the
noninertial one.

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/