 Off-Topic / Geek / 2294
Re: Relativity Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:04:01 GMT

On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 08:41:38PM +0000, Jude Beaudin wrote:
Let me rephrase the question:
If a man travels on a ship away from earth for 5 light years at .5c, then
returns to earth at .5c, who will have aged 20 years, the occupant or his twin
who stayed on earth?

laf.  That's the paradox.  I think we won't know until we try it.  I've seen
physicists get cross eyed thinking about it.  Some say that _no_ time
will pass at all!  But again, this is what I remember from highschool,
and my memory isn't that good - Jenn can testify. :P

no, he's right, it's terrible. :)