 Off-Topic / Fun / 967
Re: Fair use of lugnet.cad.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 18:01:46 GMT

Terry K wrote:
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 17:02:49 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com> wrote:
Still a good read, though.  Although _Legacy of Heorot_ was better, IMO.
That was a good one.  That had a sequel as well, if I am not mistaken.  And
there was another book dealing with a different planetary system but I don't
recall the exact name.  "Destiny Road", maybe?.  Not as good, at any rate.

_Beowulf's Children_?  Almost as good, but still just a sequel.

I've been waiting for _Destiny Road_ for too long now.  Ditto for
_Ringoworld Throne_ or whatever.  I've decided to stop following sequels,
and go for fresh meat again.  :-,

One book I never pass up in the book store is the _Year's Best Sci-Fi_ or
whatever it's called.  Nothing but short stories, from relatively new
authors, and the vast majority of them really are quite good.  Wait, I'll
get the exact title and post it in a later message.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)