 Off-Topic / Fun / 1046
Re: Fair use of lugnet.cad.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:43:23 GMT

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:
I was really disappointed with it.  _LOH_ was so good - their best in my
opinion - and _BC_ degraded to a kind of cheezy romance in a SF setting.

Cheezy romance is an appropriate description.  When the reader was given a
play-by-play description of the hero's teen-age daughter's *legs* in running
motion, twenty pages into the book, it set a tone that should've rather
stayed in the authors' fevered little minds.

But the politics and in-fighting described were, to me, realistic and worth
the read.

I guess maybe it was better than that, but only just.  The only thing
about that book that engaged me was the smart (uh...what were they
called...brainfart) amphibian that is the mature samlon.

Grendels!  I love them!  Gimme three -- no, four!  With *strong* leashes.

I also like the veldt scribes (whatever they're called).  I would love to
fly over a field they've grazed in and looked at the patterns left behind.

Cheers,
- jsproat

"The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder"
-- British scientist J. B. S. Haldane (1892-1964)