 Administrative / General / 1099
Re: Fair use of lugnet.cad.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 05:12:38 GMT

Todd Lehman writes:
Put up thirty, fifty, a hundred, a thousand, even ten thousand if they're all
worth looking at.

Well, it's that "worth looking at" specification that's really arbitrary.  :-,
Especially with a couple of my models I'm pretty embarassed about...

I'll buy more hard drives if you need more space.

Now that's tempting!  You see, my HD at home is a little lacking in space now
that I've discovered MP3s...  :-,

Yes...  Keep point #7 of the LUGNET Terms of Use
  http://www.lugnet.com/terms/
in mind...  Because who knows, there may someday be a CD-ROM released of all
the newsgroup archives, or GIF renderings of all the models posted to the
.dat group.

I have mixed feelings about article 7 in the Terms of Use.  On one hand, I
don't have anything yet that I feel would bring in money (or bring someone
else money without going through me).  OTOH, I have already seen other people
take ideas which I'm sure originated from me, and use them without any credit
or indication that they were non-original work.  (Grrr...the poseurs.)  On the
gripping hand, such is life on the Internet.

Cheers,
- jsproat