 Off-Topic / Fun / 8435
Re: You know what annoys me?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 23:01:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Dave Schuler writes:

One thing I noticed is at least they seem to have lots of info about possible
side effects, etc. Sure doesn't balance out the hard sell though.

Sometimes the side effects seem worse than the malady that the drug is
intended to treat.  One drug in particular combats "Social Anxiety
Disorder," which less charitable souls might call "shyness."  I don't recall
the precise list of side effects, but they're something like: dry mouth;
constipation; irritability; nausea; sweating; headache; and a host of
others.  Honestly, if I'm trying to overcome shyness, the last things I need
are constipation, sweating, and irritibility!

Dr Dave's prescription for shyness can cause vomiting, trembling,
aggression, melancholy, loss of bladder control, blackouts, impeded
judgement, reduced coordination and severe headaches.

Yes, it's beer, and it's worth it.

--DaveL